Would you like us to make a DONATION ON YOUR BEHALF?
Just enter your name and email and we will sponsor one kid's duffle bag, when you join our Live A Dynamic Lifestyle Community Newsletter.
Giving Back to TOGETHER WE RISE Charity
3 Tips a Newbie Competitor Can Use with the Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual Aspect of Contest Prep
What’s up everybody!
In episode 23 we interviewed 3DMJ coach Andrea Valdez. We connected with Andrea 3 years ago, met in person, and collaborated on a couple of projects. If you guys don’t know who she is, you’ll see in this interview why we found her to be so awesome!
What’s cool about her is she’s been an athlete her entire life, former competitive gymnast, coach, figure competitor, writer, and YouTube personality. She’s now training in Olympic Weightlifting to compete in a new barbell sport called “Grid” and looks to hit the figure stage again in 2017-2018.
We discussed various topics with her so we are sure you will enjoy this episode and get a lot out of it. Enjoy!
In this episode
- What she enjoys most about competing and how it has affected her emotionally, mentally, and spiritually
- How Andrea felt when she was selected to be part of 3DMJ
- Her thoughts on if coaches place shame and guilt on their clients when things don’t go right
- What “Grid” training consists of and why she enjoys it so much
In this episode, you will learn:
- 3 tips a newbie competitor can learn about the emotional, mental, and spiritual side of a contest prep roller coaster
- What she enjoys most about coaching
- What a day in the life of Andrea Valdez looks like from start to finish
- What she likes to do for fun outside of training and coaching
Follow Andrea Valdez
The New Era of Fitness
Our new physical paperback book is finally out!
We are pretty much giving it away “FREE” and giving away a “FEW BONUSES” along with it.
Get your book here: https://theneweraoffitness.com