Giving Back to TOGETHER WE RISE Charity
How Gym Owner, Tom Hatten Built 17 Locations with 1,400 employees & 95,000 Active Members
If you are a personal trainer, fitness professional, or a gym owner, you know its not easy to open a small gym.
Could you imagine opening 17 locations…
Managing 1,400 employees…
And serving 95,000 active members…
Wow that is incredible!
That’s exactly why when we were in Scottsdale, AZ. Last month, we had to make a stop at Mountainside Fitness and talk with the amazing Tom Hatten.
It truly is incredible what Tom has done in his career and with Mountainside Fitness.
It hasn’t been easy for him, but he’s always managed to keep moving forward, and growing.
If you are a personal trainer, fitness professional, or a gym owner, you’re going to really appreciate this conversation we had with Tom Hatten.
In this episode
- The importance of focusing on the customer experience and how to differentiate yourself as a small gym owner
- Why you’ll have to call on passion and loving what you do when times get tough as a small gym owner
- How he got through the 2009 market crash, facing multiple bankruptcy’s and chapter 11 files, and his best friend’s death
"You Will Have to Call on Your Passion to get Through the Tough Times"
In this episode, you will learn:
- Tom’s story on how he was a house painter in college and had crazy dream to own his own gym and how it all started from there
- Some of the biggest obstacles he overcame to get his gyms running, to stand out, and be profitable
- Why small gym owners should consider an online platform for their studios to make more money, retain clients, and expand